Best Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in Newark
Dr. Nwogu is a native of Bronx, New York. He completed his undergraduate studies at Long Island University Brooklyn, New York where he received his Bachelor of Science. He then went on to receive his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the Medical College of Virginia at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. After dental school, Dr. Nwogu completed a General Practice Residency, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship, and a four–year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as chief resident, all within the Christian Care Health Systems in Wilmington/Newark, Delaware.
Dr. Nwogu’s rigorous and extensive training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery has allowed him to become proficient at treating and managing complex facial trauma/lacerations with reconstruction, odontogenic infections, perform bone grafting, placement of dental implants, perform orthognathic and temporomandibular surgery, perform extraction of impacted wisdom teeth, and administer general anesthesia. Dr. Nwogu is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. In addition, he is an attending surgeon and Clinical instructor at Christiana Care Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery program in Wilmington/Newark, Delaware.
Dr. Nwogu is a firm believer in treating people and patients the way you want to be treated. Speak to people the way you want to be spoken to. Respect is earned not given.
When he’s not working, Dr. Nwogu enjoys working out, cycling, traveling, and spending time with his family.
Oral And Maxillofacial surgery
- Long Island University, Bachelor of Science
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry/Medical College of Virginia, Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Emory University
- Christiana Care Health Systems
Christiana Care Health Systems
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, Delaware Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Society
- Member, Middle Atlantic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, Delaware State Dental Society
- Member, American Dental Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)